Topband: Nice QRPP QSO

Ken wa8jxm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 12:12:59 PST 2011

On Dec 11, 2011, at 2:03 PM, ZR wrote:

>  QRP can be fun and I guess I'll never
> understand the type of operator who needs a 3CX15000 and a world class
> antenna farm to boost his ego.

Carl,

QRP may be fun for the QRP station but it's often a PITA for the station on the other end.

I'm not saying that most of us need a KW on CW, I sold my SB220 in 1974. But I hate trying to dig some station out of the mud to get 50% copy just so that he can get his jollies with miles per milliwatt.

Yes, I've operated a little QRP and decided it wasn't fair to the stations on the other end.

Obviously, YMMV.

73, Ken WA8JXM