Topband: RG-6/U & Snap n Seal connectors

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Dec 13 13:43:57 PST 2011

On 12/13/2011 11:25 AM, ZR wrote:
> Folks might want to stop at the next Comcast or whatever is in your
> area service van and watch how they do the connectors. Anyone getting
> caught using vise grips would be delivering pizzas the next day.

But that's only true if the specific connector type exactly matches the
physical construction of the cable, and if the right tool is used. The
match between cable and connector is the key part of the problem.
Someone who is buying tens of millions of feet of cable and millions of
connectors for a CATV company has the luxury of free samples of both
from the manufacturers  to make sure they are getting that match exactly
right, or the recommendation from a mfr's rep,  and in some cases, even
getting connectors made to match the cable.. The rest of us are doing
our best to match the descriptions in one catalog with the descriptions
in another.

73, Jim K9YC