Topband: Noise problem question

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 11:50:30 PST 2011

Dave

The only thing I would mention is that overhead lines of all types can carry medium frequency signals for long distances, and that drop lines and ground wires make great antennas. As you are forced to DF the noise at medium frequencies it is important to be as far away from the line as possible (like 1/2 mile or more) when triangulating. Only move in closer when you are certain you have the right source area, and then if possible go (much) higher in frequency.

Excuse me if I'm trying to teach my grandmother to suck eggs!

73 Roger
VE3ZI