Topband: To Topband Contesters ( 1 Day After) (Gedking at aol.com)

Alex Goldenberg kajotus at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 00:21:11 PST 2011

Just my own point of view ...
Most of us use good and complicate antennas on TB .Over wise - you'll never
get good result (mean - solid score in the contest )
I can imagine that you're trying to get in some station Beverage SIDE  ,
when you a thousand miles away and running low power (100W).
Probably your fellow "chair sitter" have no idea about your existence ..
Why he's not switching to other BV ? It can be simple .
He wont do that .
We choosing our own strategy going do contest .
Me personally - have been keeping a frequency for an hour in my sunrise
continuously sending "CQ CONTEST" observing mostly my 300 deg BV ...
The price of that - a couple of missed NA calls and 10 points lost ..maybe .

The surprise ( actually - the thing I was looking for ) - VR2ZQZ call and
QSO . New Zone, new country and 5000 !!! additional points to the score .

People say : "Don't judge a book by its cover "

73! Alex VE7IRU

Message: 11