Topband: Base Loaded Vertical vs. Asymmetrical Top Loading

Chortek, Robert L Robert.Chortek at berliner.com
Thu Feb 17 16:18:23 PST 2011

Dear Topband Aficionados -

I could use a little help.  I am currently using a 60 foot base loaded
vertical, with an 8" diameter coil made of copper tubing.  I know top
the two top loading wires to be in the same plane, so they won't cancel
the high angle radiation. I know there is a lot of info missing here but
generally, am I likely to see significant improvement over the base
loaded vertical if I use top loading but the wires are spaced 120
degrees instead of 180 degrees?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

73,

Bob/AA6VB