Topband: South Coast British Columbia 160M Beacon

Martin Mac Gregor macgregor at xplornet.com
Tue Jan 4 21:53:33 PST 2011

Apologies...Indulge my OCD!!!

Getting several night-time reports from the East Coast and solid daytime
reports to the North as well as down into California.
Anyone out there even further South our even perhaps a night path down
towards the Antipodes?!

Previously I ran a quarter wave on a similar ground plane... the 3/8 (0.375)
seems quite/very different...guess Terman and his suggestions of 0.54 (not
0.625!) of a wavelength being the ideal at MF frequencies might just be
correct and worth the effort! (I will not go there with the ground impedance
stuff)

So onwards and certainly upwards/longer!

Thanks to everyone for their reports...never anticipated the response!

I will run until around Friday 00.00Z and then rework antenna to Terman's
magic number and return around month end.