Topband: 160 meter QRP transceiver

James Rodenkirch rodenkirch_llc at msn.com
Sat May 14 08:14:35 PDT 2011

I'm still lookin' for that 160 meter QRP transceiver that outputs
something close to 5 watts with an adequate to good receiver front end/.

 see the Wilderness Sierra - can purchase the basic Sierra with the 160
meter band module for $245.00 but that's about all I can find.

I've been googling this subject on and off for months with little else, besides the Sierra, to show for that "digging."

 did find a 160 meter transmitter at K0KP's web site but it outputs
about 1 watt so I'd need to go find a small amp plus a receiver.

 wouldn't mind a separate xmtr and receiver IF the xmtr outputs the 5
watts.....I see there is a Ten Tec 1056 receiver but not certain if they
 are selling that kit today and I don't know how sensitive it is (anyone
 with info on that receiver please pass that on to me).

Thoughts, suggestions or escape plans appreciated - e-mailing me direct is appreciated!

Regards, Jim Rodenkirch, K9JWV