Topband: Asymmetric radials for GP antennas; Just in case others seek what I've just found...

Charles Moizeau w2sh at msn.com
Mon May 16 20:55:51 PDT 2011

A careful reading of Rudy's piece does show that in a situation where you are, and must remain,  totally compromised throughout a 180-degree sector, i.e., with zero radials, you can at least pick up from the deficient direction 0.52 dB (-1.39 dB vs. -1.91 dB, in his cases C7 vs. C3) just by intensifying the radial density--increasing the number of radials in the favored 180-degree sector.

Admittedly, the improvement is "small beer", but at least a psychological recompense.

73,

Charles, W2SH