Topband: Hindering factors in the science of back yard 160m vertical installations

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Sun Nov 6 06:04:33 PST 2011

On 2011-11-05, at 11:24 AM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:

> Just a rant on my part, folks.  Maybe some of this stuff will catch on and
> we'll get a little tail wind.

Hi Guy,

Gosh---and no offence meant here, believe me---but I sure am glad that I got active on the band FIRST, and BEFORE I read your "rant"...! Hi Hi

Back before I knew any better & when I started to get semi-serious about Top Band DX'ing in the 80's, I thought that I was the proverbial "cock of the walk", living on a suburban lot with my inverted "L", and two---count 'em, TWO!---counterpoise ground wires. I sure had fun, alright, despite my ignorance---and I worked a bit of long-haul stuff on the band, too...

Sometimes a bit of newbie enthusiasm can (almost!) match-up favourably with engineering realities...or has anyone ever tried telling a bumblebee that, scientifically, it is NOT supposed to be able to fly...?!   : >)

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ