Topband: 2 questions- asking for opinions

B Peter Treml k8pt at chartermi.net
Wed Oct 26 11:08:23 PDT 2011

I have two wire antennas  (a 160m inverted L & a 80 m vertical ) up about 70 ft on a white pine tree. The antennas are about 10 ft apart (best I can do). Each has it's own ground/radial system. Each antenna has about 15 underground radials and 15 above ground radials.

Questions: (1) Is it better to tie the radial systems together or not?

(2) I also have 6 sections (strips) of chicken wire mesh (3 ft by 25 ft each ). Thinking of putting 3 sections on each ground radial system...agree or not?

I would appreciate any opinions and explanations of those opinions.

Thanks
73, Pete-K8PT

B Peter Treml - K8PT/V31PT/C6APT
725 W. Magnetic St.