Topband: Fence "ground screen" instead of wire radials?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Sep 3 15:31:41 PDT 2011

On 9/2/2011 6:06 PM, Brian Machesney wrote:
> Thanks to NI0C for reminding me that this info was presented by NC0B

When I lived in a Chicago neighborhood, I had a big wrought iron fence
around the front of my lot, and used it as a counterpoise for a 160M Tee
quasi-vertical (my 80/40 dipole fed with twin lead, both sides tied
together and fed against that fence).  It worked.  Not as good as a good
radial system, but much better than nothing.  There are still photos on
my website if you poke around long enough.

73, Jim K9YC