Topband: Inverted L Question

Lloyd Korb k8dio at roadrunner.com
Fri Apr 27 18:07:01 PDT 2012

Hello, I have used an Inverted L, on 160 meters, for many years and have
always been curious if I am okay with my present spacing.  The spacing
between the vertical portion of the L and my 60 foot tower is 18 inches.
The spacing was picked for the ease of feeding the wire at the base of my
tower.  The horizontal part, of the L, is around 85 feet and goes from the
top of the tower to a pole that is 6 feet above the ground.  Does anyone
know of any studies done on the performance of the L versus the spacing of
the vertical wire to the tower?

I'm also wondering if I could run another wire, on the opposite side of the
tower, for an L on 80 meters.  It would be nice to be able to have two bands
available.  Will there be any interaction between the two wires?  My present
radial system is 24 wires of various lengths to fit in my yard.

73,

Lloyd  K8DIO