Topband: DX Window

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Fri Aug 31 10:26:44 EDT 2012

On 2012-08-31, at 10:12 AM, Hardy Landskov wrote:

> This is the reason I don't contest on 160 anymore. No DX window and endless CQ machines turn the band into just a trashy mess.

Hi Guys,

While my humble station & mediocre efforts in the various Topband contests hardly matter much, I try & make it a point to stay off of those "window frequencies", unless I'm responding directly to a DX station that I might hear thereon...

It annoys me---for all the old & passe reasons, I guess!---to hear North American CQ Test powerhouse machines cranking endlessly away, atop both DX & domestic stations in the segment struggling to work one another. There's plenty of space to "park & bark" elsewhere on the band, irregardless of the 5-KHz wide "sacrifice", IMHO...

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ