Topband: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Mon Dec 3 19:46:36 EST 2012

I think Rick's recommendations go very much in the right direction for a garden variety contest QSO and can be tweaked as appropriate. In the ARRL 160 I was called by several guys who went through the N3QE N3QE DE HISCALL HISCALL 599 599 SECT SECT thing at 7 WPM and I lose the run frequency. I was glad to slow down for the slower code guys and when they keep it brief its no problem. Also no problem doing fills for DX. Those are snappy back and forth.  BUT slow speed plus unnecessary info is just too much.

Tim N3QE