Topband: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest

k6xt k6xt at arrl.net
Mon Dec 3 23:22:45 EST 2012

I completely agree from the perspective of penalties. Lately I have
taken to purposely not working stations where there is the possibility
of working the wrong station or miscopy. The penalty imposed by
organizers is greater than the missed Q. I ascribe to the system Tree
suggests:
CQ K6XT
N6TR
N6TR report
K6XT report
TU (test or call or whatever)

The only time penalty is my QSO partner sending my call once. Then we
both know who has been worked. Completely resolves the nearly colocated
CQer and off frequency replier issues.

73 Art K6XT~~
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.
ARRL, GMCC, CW OPS, NAQCC
ARRL TA