Topband: Patience in ARRL 160 Contest

PTA_ABD wb2abd at roadrunner.com
Tue Dec 4 01:41:26 EST 2012

N1MM:   You can press ALT + W , or program one of the function keys with {WIPE}. I have F12 set like this, for those not so rare times that the call I entered is so fumble-fingered that using backspace or arrow keys is hopeless: better to start fresh. Of course, by the time I've retyped the call and hit ENTER, the other chap has started  sending his call  again while my report is going out ... in effect doubling and wasting time. Unfortunately, no amount of science is going to make my fingers work any better.

Paul WB2ABD

<
On occasion, this might make sense.  The trouble is that
I will have already typed in "N6RK" by the time I have figured out
that he is sending my call.  Is there any easy way to fix
this in N1MM other than clicking "wipe" with the mouse?  By
the time I have done that, I have missed his call and have
to QRZ.  My operating skills are merely adequate, not great.
Any interruption of the routine is bad.

Rick N6RK

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7760 (20121203) __________

http://www.eset.com