Topband: Lab style comparison results on 160m small lot antenna changes.

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Dec 21 09:49:04 EST 2012

"Trust but verify".

As with SPICE or any other simulation program... garbage in, garbage out. An experienced antenna modeler knows what assumptions are good to make because of past verifications of results.

Modeling of ground conductivity and losses involves more assumptions than most of the wires/poles in the air (and you will note, is where most of the arguments are about!). And of course we can always argue about how many helicopters it takes to do the verification step :-)

Tim N3QE