Topband: Inverted L question

Herb Krumich wa2fgk at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 14:14:21 EST 2012

I am right now using an inverted L which is spaced about 4 feet away from my tower. The vertical leg is about 85 feet. I only have 6 radials at the present time
Now here is the question
The horizontal leg is about 50 feet and goes to my back yard. Since the trees are not that high, it probably slopes down to 40 feet at the far end
The horizontal wire faces west..
Would it help me to face that wire to the south for east west signals on transmit.  I am hearing very well with a 550 foot beverage. But missing many stations that I call.  My power is not to high with the old Drake L7.. About 600 watts
Thanks Guys and Merry Christmas
Herb K2LNS