Topband: LOTW Participation

wa3mej at comcast.net wa3mej at comcast.net
Thu Feb 16 16:27:34 PST 2012

This has probably already been asked on here.. geeze I hope it doesnt start another gripefest.  But I am wondering with the cost of QSL cards, postage etc Why dont more people working DX (especially hams O-CONUS) use LOTW? It appears that a lot of DX does not participate in LOTW.  Is it because they dont like ARRL, dont like their activites controlled (if your not in the US you gotta mail stuff in etc.) or what?   I just dont understand this is the most painless method to get confirmation you could possibly have. Or maybe they just like collecting all those cards that we put into shoe boxes and put into the closet.

I just got  22 QSLs for contacts work less than two months ago.. some of them even less than a week ago.  How good can it get?  Sure make my work easier

Jim WA3MEJ