Topband: ARRL CW DX test

Dale Long dale.long at prodigy.net
Wed Feb 22 11:33:41 PST 2012

I am sure Craig's post was not meant to be critical, and we cannot presume
this was the problem.  We do not even know whether they were indeed at
Noah's station. There are now at least two well-equipped contest stations on
PJ4.

Following the advice of my father, we should say only good things, or
nothing at all.  And I can say without hesitation that Noah is very
hard-working and extremely helpful.  He puts so much effort into the station
and improvements.  He built an incredible relay system of his own design for
80 phasing. I recall that 160m improvements were the next thing planned.
For a brand new country, despite how much one may love top band, the first
effort must be to work folks who have never had a contact.   I am sure there
will be station improvements on 160m if they have not occurred already.

If you have specific suggestions for any station operator or owner (DX or
otherwise), I think the polite thing would be to contact him or other
parties concerned.  Again I am not being critical but just a suggestion to
be careful not to imply things that we do not know.

This message is only meant with the best intentions.

73

Dale N3BNA