Topband: Global Warming, Or What...?!

Eddy Swynar deswynar at xplornet.ca
Thu Mar 22 15:14:38 PDT 2012

Good Day All,

Just an interesting observation made here by yours truly...

The other day I was logging the receipt here of a batch of QSL cards that arrived via the buro, & I happened to notice---as commented in an old log entry---that I rolled-up my ground radials on APRIL 16 in 2011! As of yesterday (March 22) I already have them rolled-up & put away, & the front lawn is raked...

In fact, to-day I enjoyed the summer-like 77F weather in my old summer toy car, and even half-seriously considered activating the air conditioning in the house, it was so hot (the humidex elevated the "effective" outside temperature to some 86F!).

This is ALL unheard of here in my part of "VE3" land---things feel like they're some two months ahead of "normal"!

BTW, it's my hope to have access to at least ONE inverted "L" for the duration of summer here---but it'll mean rolling-up some radials prior to my mowing the grass each & every time...small sacrifice for the privilege of (hopefully) working some new ones in the southern hemisphere.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ