Topband: 7O6T - Tonight

Gary K9GS garyk9gs at wi.rr.com
Sun May 13 12:33:44 PDT 2012

Thanks for the information Bernie.

Believe me I'm not trying to kill the messenger or anything but this is
precisely the problem with some Dx-peditions.

At this time of year, in New York city, sunset is at 0004Z.  99.9% of
the continental US is in sunlight when the 7O is leaving 80M.  This is
great if you live in EU...you get to work the 7O on 80M during hours of
darkness.  Even if I could hear the 7O at 2345Z, over an hour before my
sunset, there is no way to work them through the EU stations calling.

Good luck to all chasing the 7O on top-band.

On 5/13/2012 2:18 PM, Bernie McClenny, W3UR wrote:
> Tonight's op on 160 meters from 7O6T will be RL3FT, Yuri.  He will also
> be doing some 80 meter SSB and CW in between the JA sunrise (2100Z) and
> the US Sundown (2345Z).  So far about 200 US stations have been worked
> on Topband.
>
> 73
> Bernie
>

> Bernie McClenny, W3UR
> The Daily DX - The Weekly DX
> Get a free two weeks of The Daily DX and The Weekly DX
> http://www.dailydx.com/trial.htm
> Follow The Daily DX on Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/dailydx

Gary K9GS

Greater Milwaukee DX Association: http://www.gmdxa.org