Topband: Outing The Scofflaws...

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Mon Nov 12 11:36:18 EST 2012

This post may get moderated, but I will try it anyway.

I question how many good operators would have the... [ahem]
"courage".... to out the offenders. As I say this I am thinking of
one particular individual whose operating standards are consistently
deplorable. This was often the topic of discussion on the DX chat
sites until the individual in question joined the room. To my
knowledge no one has ever said one word to him about his operating.
He was simply welcomed with open arms.

Honestly there is so much that goes on these days it makes me wonder
if I really want to be a DXer any more. It is all too common to see
remarks like this: "I thought I heard him send two letters of my
call so I sent a report. I will check the online log and see if I'm
there." By my standards and what my elmer taught me, that is not a
QSO even if he is in the log. I certainly would not count it.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject of poor operating.

73,
Paul N1BUG