Topband: Vertical Array Over Uneven Ground

Ken Claerbout k4zw at verizon.net
Tue Nov 13 20:41:31 EST 2012

Has anyone modeled or have experience with a transmit vertical array, say a 4-square, over uneven ground? By uneven I mean a variance of up to 2 - 3 meters over the footprint of the array elements. I have plenty of room at this QTH but the terrain is fairly uneven. I've done some modeling but would like to see if my findings compare with others that may have done the same. Modeling was done with radials on the ground, not elevated.

Thanks
Ken K4ZW