Topband: Covered /bare antennn wire

Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Thu Nov 15 17:36:57 EST 2012

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the information, It sounds very convincing.

As you have said it is difficult to get a A-B test unless instant switching
or direct observation is available.

I was hoping for a test something like, side by side identical wires, one
insulated, and one un-insulated with voltage measuring devices at the ends.
Also separated enough not to get Beverage coupling, and using real stormy
weather measuring.

Over the insulation breakdown voltage, one would expect them to be equal
anyway.

73
Bruce-K1FZ