Topband: Topband season dismal from Colo so far....

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Nov 26 19:41:23 EST 2012

On 11/26/2012 4:18 PM, BP Veal wrote:
> Not hearing a lot this season, yet,

You must not have been on the air over the weekend!  Saturday night I
worked HK1NA, D4C, VP2MMM, several others from the Caribbean. HK1NA was
really loud from about 0130Z to at least 0900 although he didn't hear
very well.  I also heard, and called a lot without success, C5A and
EL2A. They were not very loud, but C5A was copyable here  until he went
QRT at his sunrise (about 0715Z). Several guys from AZ and OR worked
him, and quite a few guys in W9 and W0.  A few nights before I worked
someone at the PJ2T station and a JA.  I don't know about Friday night
-- I was working 20M at W6YX.  The season has gotten off to a very nice
start for me, at least, with with three new countries on 160M -- RI1ANF,
PT0S, and HK1NA.  That brings the total worked from my CA QTH to 129 in
the six seasons since I've lived here in CA.

73, Jim K9YC
Santa Cruz, CA