Topband: K6STI low noise receive loop

Bill Cromwell wrcromwell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 23:41:10 EDT 2012

Hi,

I dunno about Jim's real estate but a full size 80 meter dipole would
extend off from my lot. Somebody else in a different thread concerning
this pointed out that those blessed with large territory for sprinkling
antennas around can't wrap their head around the concept of a *SMALL*
lot. The entire lot that my house is on now is less space than just my
driveway used to be. So when you are considering small lots think of a
space the size of your driveway. That might help you put it in
perspective. We can't drop back from an antenna 30 times the size of our
lot to one that is only 10 times the size of our lot. It has to be
smaller than our lot. Need room for the XYL to walk around a bit, too.

Tomorrow I will be going to the big box store for some materials to get
started on a vertical antenna. I can surely fit a 2 or 3 inch antenna on
my small lot <evil grin>. That's 2 or 3 inches is from one end to the
other but 35 or 40 feet *up*. I wonder how a chain link fence will work
as a "ground mat". I'm gonna find out.

73,

Bill  KU8H