Topband: Spurious Signal on 1810.8

PTA_ABD wb2abd at roadrunner.com
Wed Oct 3 08:13:48 EDT 2012

Location: FN02mq  antenna: 160m inv vee  ( sorry no directonal antennas - down for repairs)

Last night:  10 over S9, one fade down to S9 over the course of a few hours.

This morning: S7, started fading around 1200z - once to zero ( so suddenly, I thought it was shut off, but it slowly came back). I did observe that around 1157z, the frequency abruptly shifted down and returned. This occurred a few more times afterwards, but with no discernable pattern. I don't seem to hear anything using AM mode.

I had thought someone local had purchased a dirty TV. Whew!

Paul WB2ABD