Topband: Image Rejection

Chortek, Robert L Robert.Chortek at berliner.com
Wed Oct 10 13:25:02 EDT 2012

Good Day,

I am considering an FTdx-5000 (currently use an FTdx-9000) for 160 meters and wondered about the Image and IF Rejection figures of the 5000.  They are 60 and 99 db respectively.  The Image rejection is about 50 db less than the 9000.  I admit to not really understanding the "real world" implications of Image rejection, but this seems to be a large difference.

Can someone please tell me if this would be an issue for a guy who will use the rig only for 160 meter dxing?

Thanks es 73,

Bob/AA6VB