Topband: jt65 qso

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Oct 11 03:18:31 EDT 2012

On 10/10/2012 9:29 AM, David Michael Gaytko // WD4KPD wrote:
> Would like to hear from you if you can shed some light on this.

Near San Francisco, I see JT65 activity fairly often from VK and the
east coast, and on the very best nights the east coast guys can work the
VKs.  It's a fairly narrow time window, relating to sunrise, sunset, and
mutual darkness. Being in the middle, I can usually work both any time I
get myself out of bed to do it.

For a while I was leaving my K3 set for 160M JT65 overnight, and I would
nearly always see at least a dozen different stations decoded the next
morning. I also feed W6CQZ;s reverse beacon network, with the hope that
it will facilitate Qs between the east coast and VK. Now that you've
reminded me, I'll run out to the shack and set it up for tonight.

73, Jim K9YC