Topband: Monopole Elev Pattern w.r.t. Earth Conductivity

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 18:37:22 EDT 2012

I didn't remember W8LT's 5/8 wave balloon verticals. But I do recall your
telling me about your neighbor's inverted-L nearly always being about the
same strength as your old 120' tower  in Ohio on 160. Do you recall how
high the vertical portion of his inverted-L was?

So according to your tests, the ~5/8 wave tower was always inferior to the
190' tower, no matter what the distance was? That is very interesting, And
I have little doubt all your towers had sufficient radials under them. :-)

What do you think about 120' vs 190' ?  Ever do any tests like that?

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com