Topband: Vertical dipoles in the real world

Chris G3SVL Chris at G3SVL.com
Fri Sep 21 03:20:35 EDT 2012

At 05:20 21/09/2012, you wrote:
>There are significant differences between "verticals on the beach" and
>verticals (including vertical dipoles) over real ground.  Google for
>"pseudo Brewster Angle" and see the differences between the essentially
>perfect ground provided by salt (sea) water foregrounds and the even
>"excellent" dirt.

Absolutely!  Search the literature - there is much on the effect of
closeness to sea water and the 'magical' benefits it gives to
verticals (dipoles or otherwise). But the effect is quickly lost as
you move back from the water's edge.

We used this to great effect on T32C last year.

73 Chris, G3SVL