Topband: Ground Screens - Another Small Space Option

ZR zr at jeremy.mv.com
Tue Sep 25 15:11:26 EDT 2012

Im sure chicken wire lasts longer in the great southwest but it rapidly
turns to rust in the acidic soil and acid rain of the New England rust belt.
I see rolls of it regularly at our trash transfer station and Id be willing
to bet the current Chinese variety rusts a lot faster than the earlier US
variety.

I keep stressing that the one size fits all theory of some just doesnt work
for Topband antennas and grounds.

It is not recommended to use stranded copper wire for RF or DC/AC grounds
and that should also apply to galvanized wire that only has a few twists at
each junction. Each junction can eventually become a diode and I believe
most of us on here are aware what that can cause.

Carl
KM1H