Topband: Short radials?

Guy Olinger K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 27 15:47:55 EDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Tom W8JI <w8ji at w8ji.com> wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I have the original papers around here in a box someplace.

???

BL&E was published in the June 1937 issue of "Proceedings of the
Institute of Radio Engineers" Vol 15, No 6, p 753.  More commonly
known today as IEEE. Available through the IEEE from their online
publications library.

In the notes at the bottom of p 753, "Original manuscript received by
Institute, March 1, 1937.  Presented before Silver Anniversary
Convention, New York City May 10, 1937."

Original papers would be a rather valuable document :>).  Or were you
referring to an earlier paper copy of the document from the IEEE, now
available on PDF from their online library.  If so, there are some
blurred areas in the PDF, the copy is fairly faint and fuzzy on some
pages, and it would be good to know what some powers of ten are in
some graphs, and whether the journalled PDF is the same as earlier
printed releases, and whether printed material contains appendix data
or some sort of information not available in the PDF.  The PDF runs
from page 753 to page 787 inclusive.

73, Guy.