Topband: Kudos for 5W0M

Carl Clawson clawsoncw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 16:12:22 EDT 2013

I had the pleasure of listening to them work the US west for a bit during a
recent dawn, while I was trying to get my call sign in edgewise. These guys
deserve mention for exhibiting some of the best topband technique. Giving
their contact's call several times, trying again instead of bailing out or
giving the QSO to a claim jumper if they don't answer back, sticking with
them through QSB cycles, and then giving the call again during the final
QSL. Smooth and classy. Unlike so many topband contacts, you weren't left
wondering "did I just work that guy or not?"

73, Carl WS7L