Topband: tree losses

Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Mon Aug 5 13:20:41 EDT 2013

Another way of looking at it:

There is loss in vegetation that goes up as the frequency goes up.  At low
frequencies, in a seconds time, only a small amount of wavelengths pass
through a given bit of vegetation.

As the frequency goes up to UHF, and into gigahertz range,  for a given
second, many many more wavelengths pass through.  Each pass  contributing
heat to this (slightly re-radiating) "dummy load".

They give the gigahertz range, a name of ionization waves, but this post is
trying for an alternate way of looking at it.

Microwave oven= hot dummy load= Lunch. ( ; - ))

73
Bruce-K1FZ