Topband: tree losses

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 14:04:16 EDT 2013

Bingo!  Just because the military does (or did) something with antennas
doesn't means it's good for us all to repeat.

There was a discussion some time back that a Beverage must make a good
transmitting antenna, because the military does it somewhere. I can vouch
for the fact that while we can indeed transmit on a Beverage and make
contacts with it, a vertical with a few radials makes a *much *better TX
antenna.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com