Topband: best core material?

Charlie Cunningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 5 14:45:12 EDT 2013

BTW, Jim

I think you will be pleased with that loop!  Mine was 40' long X 10' high
and it was an excellent receive antenna for 160, 80, 40 and 30 m. If  you
model it in EZNEC, you will find that the impedances and cardioid patterns
stay fairly constant as you go higher in frequency, but the gain goes  up
with  increasing frequency.  It helped me to hear and work Kazakhstan on
80m, when I couldn't copy on the 80m GP. It opened lots of additional paths
on 160 as well.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV