Topband: best core material?

James Rodenkirch rodenkirch_llc at msn.com
Mon Aug 5 15:23:13 EDT 2013

Thanks to all that replied - VERY informative information as well as anecdotal evidence the small delta loop receive antenna works well AND at a lower height, which I was thinking of doing but not sure if that "mod" would alter the antenna's efficacy all that much!

Suggestion that I use a binocular core understood and I will go that route - a friend of mine will wind the binoc core for me (have severe neuropathy and can't handle small stuff like that at all!).

Great group of participants here - thank you for the advice/suggestions!

72, Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV