Topband: How to detune a wire Inverted L? How to 'detune'electrical fence

Charlie Cunningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 15 11:11:43 EDT 2013

Well, it sounded like Thomas wanted to de-tune the L, so it wouldn't
interfere with his receive antenna when receiving. Assuming that he's only
using the L for 160, he would be switching at a high-current, modest voltage
point. So a substantial relay would be appropriate, I think.  I wouldn't
recommend "hot-switching", though.

Charlie, K4OTV