Topband: elevated 4-square

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 18 12:59:39 EDT 2013

On 8/15/2013 10:46 PM, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> The R has got to translate into a drive impedance shift - but I am wondering what the expected impact to the array should be?

You're asking exactly the right questions, Jeff.  If you're not already
using SimSmith, or something like it, it should be the next tool you add
to your kit.  Free, very user friendly if you understand transmission
lines, and it will help you design matching sections based on modeled or
measured feedpoint Z. And if you don't have a vector Z analyzer, you
want the VNWA designed by DG8SAQ, sold by some hams in the UK for about
$750.

73, Jim K9YC