Topband: Two 2:1 transformers to choose from!!

Charlie Cunningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 22 22:33:52 EDT 2013

I'd be surprised if a little mismatch between an approx. 100 ohm twisted
pair and 50 ohm coax would make any really noticeable difference, but some
sort of balun might be in order. For the 40' X 10' KAZ loop that I had, I
just tied the primary of the transformer to some RG-58 that ran through an
old tunable AMECO tube preamp to the RX antenna input of the FT-1000MP.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV