Topband: Two 2:1 transformers to choose from!!

Charlie Cunningham charlie-cunningham at nc.rr.com
Sat Aug 24 19:38:23 EDT 2013

As I recall, when I wound the tranformer for my 40' X 10' KAZ terminated
loop, I wound it 3:13 T because I was trying to match from 50 ohms up to
around 950 ohms. The core I used was binocular that I cobbled together by
taping together two Fair-Rite tubular cores, side-by-side. I used wire-wrap
wire. Worked really well, and surely  helped me on 160 and 80m, but it was a
great receive antenna for 40 and 30m as well.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV