Topband: Nested Loops

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Sat Aug 31 15:01:45 EDT 2013

The concept of exciting a insulated driven element for a split seed like
for a 18 and 21 mhz beam has been a successful innovation for many years
but I would like to inquire if the same principle will work with delta
loops.  I have a corner fed inverted Delta Loop for 160 which is used
for high angle reception and for those Sunrise and sunset openings where
the incoming signal seems to peak better on such antennas.  My feed is
with RG-8U coax at a corner and the match is excellent on topband.  What
I would like to attempt is to put an 80 meter full wave closed loop
inside the 160 meter loop and not have a feed line connection at all to
the 160 loop.  I think this maybe very complex to model but perhaps
someone has done this before I go through the laborious process of
stringing the wire while trying to keep it equidistant from the fed 160
meter antenna.  The reason for not wanting just to join the feed points
together is that the 160 inverted Delta loop is that it is such a great
low noise antenna even though it can't out perform my Beverages during
most of the time but I don't want to screw this up.  Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ