Topband: ARRL 160 contest observation

Tree tree at kkn.net
Wed Dec 11 13:15:30 EST 2013

It is very dramatic the changes over the sunspot cycle here on the USA west
coast.  With the topband chat room - you can't say it is the lack of
activity.  We know where the stations are - we simply can not hear them.
Have not heard or worked much Europe in the past 3 years myself.

Not complaining - it is part of the allure of the band - and makes it that
more special when it does open.  It's just so different from the sunspot
minimum where I could just about count on hearing RA4LW every winter
evening on 1831.5 just after sunset.

73 Tree N6TR/7
Boring, OR