Topband: How much ground independence?

Bruce k1fz at myfairpoint.net
Thu Dec 12 14:28:33 EST 2013

Thanks to all the replies from actual  "ground independent loop" antenna
users. There are many reduced lot size users who are working a lot of DX and
hearing quite well.
 My questions were to find what precautions were used to achieve hearing
rather well. I should have included height above ground, distance from
transmit antenna, and many other questions.

 Steve, WB6RSE  in California near LAX  is on a 1/7 acre lot, has a
rotatable flag on his roof. The flag is about 25 feet from his transmit
tower, yet  except when aimed right at his TX antenna, gets 25-30 db f/b.
Has worked 203 DXCC countries and 35 zones on TB.   It can be done, and many
of us would like to know how.

Science is not fixed, it evolves, adding to what is known, changing what is
incorrect, taking a different paths.

Thanks again,
73
Bruce-K1FZ