Topband: 160 puzzle

Glenn Biggerstaff ww4b73 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:37:51 EST 2013

Post is pressure treated and has been outdoors a couple of years .Antenna is insulated with a PVC pipe sleeve .My hand does not effect it till I touch, if only 1/16 inch away .The effect is greater if I touch the one of the u bolts clamping the PVC to the wooden post .The u bolt is insulated from the antenna by the pcv. No effect if I touch the PVC. If I disconnect the base loading and put the analyzer direct to the antenna , resonance is about 8 MHz and touching the u bolt or post has no effect.

Glenn, ww4b at ww4b.net