Topband: 5/8 wavelength vertical is mo betta thanshorterversions??

Tom W8JI w8ji at w8ji.com
Tue Oct 1 09:34:33 EDT 2013

> It all depends upon how much power is put into those very low angles
> versus path loss at higher ones. Brute force often gets the job done.

Why would anyone use significantly more power to get a job done using a low
angle, when the same job could be done with a higher angle and less power?

That makes no sense at all.

I don't know anyone who would intentionally use a more expensive, harder to
errect, more difficult to maintain, antenna when a less expensive
alternative would work better.