Topband: Fixed capacitor source needed (150pf 5KV)

Herb Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Thu Oct 3 10:45:38 EDT 2013

I have a Drake MN2700 so I can at least get the amp to work above
1870Khz during contests.  The tuner used some fixed flat 150pf 5KV
capacitors to switch in from the front selector as increased capacity is
need to make the tuner work.  I can't find any door knob substitutes at
that value in my junk box. I am thus looking for a source for these
values but so far have not found anything that I can use as a
substitute. I presume I could make some out of sections of RG-8 mini
roller up in a coIl but before I try this I am searching for a door knob
source.  I have some 500pf at 5KV and three of them in series might be
close enough but i still need the correct values.  If any reader to this
knows of other ATU manufactures that use the copper teflon flat
capacitor in their units maybe   could order 150 pf 5KV from them.

Your help on this would be appreciated.

Herb, KV4FZ