Topband: FCP Folded Counterpoise

Mike Waters mikewate at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 13:15:06 EDT 2013

I think I see why you said what you did, Tom. If we replace the two
elevated radials under our inverted-L with an FCP, and the bandwidth gets a
little narrower, then yes, that doesn't prove that we've improved the
efficiency. Only FS measurements will, unless I've forgotten something
(again).

In most cases on this reflector, an earth radial system is being discussed,
and the quoted statement made to me off-list is generally true. But you
knew that. :-)

I thought I remembered reading a comparison between what I have (a 155'
inverted-L with the vertical portion 55' high and two 10' high 1/4 wave
radials) and someone who replaced their radials with an FCP. I remember
thinking that the resulting reduced bandwidth is too narrow for my
interests.

Maybe someone can refresh my memory.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com